Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Nana

It is Thursday night about 3 hours after my Nana went home to be with the Lord.  There are many thoughts at times like this but the one that keeps coming to me is heaven.  I could just picture her walking in to heaven and receiving big hugs from her two sons, Frankie and Jeffrey.  She then moves on to a birthday party for her mom, Jan. 13th is her moms birthday and they are enjoying birthday cake.  The one moment I picture most though is when she sees Jesus.  I love how Alcorn presents the idea of the audience of one and that is how I am picturing her right now.  Visiting and talking to Jesus.

This brings me to other thoughts, are you prepared for an audience of one.  The one thing I most look forward to in heaven is spending time with Jesus.  Are you prepared to meet your creator?  Have you honestly placed your faith in what Jesus did on the cross for you?  I know my Nana has and I look forward to seeing her when I arrive home.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss Charles. But what a comforting thought that God has more for us after this life.

    ReplyDelete